We are proud to announce the launch of 24 new courses designed to help Brazilians advance their careers. These courses will help Brazilians obtain 21st-century job skills in areas like business, technology and data science by giving them access to low-cost, high-quality credentials from top universities in Brazil, such as USP, FIA, UNICAMP, and Insper.
â€œThe future of work and learning are converging,â€� said Jeff Maggioncalda, the CEO of Coursera. â€œWe see a high demand, especially in Brazil, for online courses that help people gain an edge in the job market throughout their careers. Many of Brazilâ€™s top higher education institutions recognize this demand and are working with Coursera to make their courses available on our advanced technology platform that enables high quality learning in a flexible format that fits into people’s busy lives.”
Currently, over 90% of Brazilians take Coursera courses in English. The fact that only 5% of Brazilians speak English at the proficiency level required to understand university-level courses (B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) means that 95% of the population isn’t able to access the benefits of one of the worldâ€™s largest online learning platforms.
â€œTo bridge this significant gap, Coursera is launching 24 courses and 1 Specialization in Portuguese in topics such as operations management, software design, finance, startups, big data, and digital marketing, among many others,â€� said Angela Romero, Regional Manager for Brazil.
Many Brazilians are already using Coursera to sharpen their career skills in cutting-edge competencies, such as machine learning, Python, and business. â€œI was receiving an average of 2 data science related job offers per week, from small startups to large investment banks. Almost all positions offered had an undergrad or masters degree as a requirement, but employers were more than willing to dismiss those requirements because of my Coursera certificates,â€� said Tulio Baars, a Coursera learner.
Below is a list of the courses that are launching this month:
- Non-parametric statistics for decision making, USP
- Introduction to Software Test, USP
- Introduction to Macroeconomic Analysis, USP
- Introduction to Project Management: Specialization in Principles and Practices, USP / Irvine
- Course 1: Initiation and Project Planning
- Course 2: Budget and Project Schedule
- Course 3: Risk Management and Project Change
- Course 4: Applied Design – Introduction to Project Management
- B2B Marketing & Sales: Making New Business, USP
- UX / UI: Fundamentals of Interface Design, USP
- Consolidating companies: Legal and financial structure, USP
- Innovate in business and business management: The growth of the company, USP
- Marketing Digital, USP
- Understanding Zika and Emerging Diseases, USP
- Applied Basic Econometrics, USP
- Conceptual Maps for Learning and Collaboration, USP
- Code yourself!, USP
- Basic Concepts of Logistics and Supply Chain, UNICAMP
- Introduction to Android Application Development, UNICAMP
- Introduction to Labor Economics: Theories and Policies, UNICAMP
- Health Based in Evidences, UNICAMP
- Brand Management and Image Crisis, FIA
- Introduction to Big Data, FIA
- Operations Management, Insper
- Financial Management, Insper
To browse the latest courses and Specializations on Coursera in Portuguese, goÂ here.Â