Application Due Date: February 1, 2019 at 11: 59 PM.
The Academy on Individual Rights and Humanitarian Law at American University Washington College of Law mores than happy to request the submission of files for the Person Rights Essay Award. Potential customers for the Award requirement to hold a law degree and have in fact a revealed experience or interest in international human rights law.
The Person Rights Essay Award is an annual rivals sponsored by the Academy that searches for to promote the production of scholastic run in international human rights law. People have the flexibility to choose any topic associated to the selected topic. The essay requires to be a legal brief post.
Essay Award Topic for 2019: The Security of Migrants under International Individual Rights Law.
1. Potential customers for the Award requirement to hold a law degree and have in fact a revealed experience or interest in international human rights law.
2. Previous Winners can not send out essays in future rivals.
3. To get the Human being Rights Essay Award, potential customers require to choose a subject associating with the subject chosen by the Academy for the year. People will have the flexibility to choose any topic associated to the substantive law important to the field. International human rights law can be understood to include international humanitarian law and international criminal law. The paper requirement to be within the scope of the subject or it will be disqualified.
4. A Possibility for the Award requirement to send out an unpublished legal article/paper in English or Spanish made up solely by that possibility.
5. Simply one submission will be accepted per prospect in either language. If more than one brief post is gotten, it will be left as much as the prospect to pick which brief post to officially send out. Ought to the prospect disappoint an option, the extremely first brief post managed the Academy will be the one idea about for the rivals.
6. The files require to not surpass 35 pages in length, including footnotes. Essays require to make use of Times New Roman typeface, 12- point double-spaced for the body of the essay and 10- point single-spaced for footnotes. Character spacing require to be set to common. All essays require to be on letter size paper (8.5 x 11 inches/2159 x 27.94 cm) with 1 inch (2.54 cm) margins all around. Any essay that does not follow the requirements will be reformatted and 5 points will be eliminated. If the essay is longer than 35 pages, it will be quickly disqualified. The essay requires to be a legal brief post; because of that, it will include foot pages and citations. The absence of those will set off that the essay will be disqualified.
7 The proper format to mention sources stays in single-spaced footnotes. If you have issues on the proper usage of footnotes, please consult from the “The Uniform System of Citation: The Bluebook.”.
8. Authors should not put their name or any acknowledging details in their essays.
9. Essays will simply be accepted in Word Format.
10 In addition, each specific requirements to similarly include a curriculum vitae of no higher than 3 pages in length talking about the experience or interest of the author in human rights issues. Please send out the CV as a various file from your paper.
11 Any included items besides a CV will not be accepted. Do not include a bibliography, a list of websites, or any other extra items. These will be best away disposed of and dismissed.
12 Essays require to be sent out using the online submission kind No emailed entries will be accepted.
The Academy will offer 2 Awards, one for the best brief post in English and one for the best brief post in Spanish. The Award in each case will consist of:.
A total scholarship to the Program of Advanced Research Study Research Studies on Human Rights and Humanitarian Law for either the Diploma or Certificate of Existence options.
Travel expenses to and from Washington D.C.
Realty at the university dorm rooms.
Daily for living expenses.
The best posts may similarly be launched in the American University International Law Examination.
To find out more:.
See the Authorities Websites of the Individual Rights Essay Award2019